Monday, March 17, 2014

Hello from 鎌倉!

Dear Everyone,

Things in Kamakura have been pretty good. This week the weather was really nice so we had the chance to talk to a lot of people. I'm pretty sure that this week we set the record for meaningful contacts with 225 people talked to. It's been fun talking to just about every single person who crosses our path. Elder Christensen has definitely shown me how to have a fun time and work hard at the same time. I've also learned this past week not to judge anyone by the way they look. We've had some pretty cool conversations with some really mean-looking people. It just goes to show that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Is week I was invited to attend a leadership,training for the missionaries Kichijoji. I came out of it learning a lot, but I also think that I'm going to be training next transfer too. I don't think km ready to train. Especially not an American. My Japanese isn't nearly as good as it should be right now. It certainly comes in waves. Sometimes I feel like my Japanese is absolutely amazing, and other days like it's getting worse. Basically Japanese is a huge lesson in humility and patience as well. During the leadership training I had to give a message on leadership and how the savior did. I think it went pretty we'll except I talked wayyy to fast for the interpreters.

Other than that, we just went around and talked to a lot of people. Nothing more exciting than sharing the Gospel! Hopefully something email-worthy happens next week, but for now, take care! And have a great week!

Very Respectfully,
Elder J. Alan Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment