Saturday, March 15, 2014

Another week in Kamakura!

Hello!

Oh where to begin? This week has been so hectic. On Monday, we got our toes sucked by fishes. I sent those pics, on Tuesday we had interviews with President Wada. We do this just about every other transfer. He tells us what we need to become better people and better missionaries as well as answered any personal questions that we might have concerning whatever the case may be. He helped answer a lot of my questions concerning being a good Leader.

Tuesday night we witnessed a miracle. After running around for an hour or so to find a guy over 20 to come to the church and play ping pong with us so that we could be obedient to the rules and also play ping pong with our female investigators. We called out to a man on the street, and he played with us! It's was crazy to see how quickly our prYer was answered. He had never been to a church before, but he said he was down to play some more ping pong, so we got his number and plan to call him soon for another round of ping ping!

Wednesday we taught English class, nothing too exciting. I only had two students in my intermediate class. One was a member and the other a non-member. We learned a lot of English. We also did a lot of push-ups too for some odd reason our English class coordinator enjoys making the missionaries do push-ups whenever we lose in an English-based game.

Thursday it was pretty rainy, so no one was out to talk and we did a lot of housing in order to spread the message. Basically I froze to death. I got soaked within an hour and my shoes have just finally dried out.

Friday, I held my second District meeting. I ran it differently than most of the district meetings that I've been too. I ran some team-building exercises and made my district teach the plan of salvation without using words. I figured that if they could teach it without words, then the little English or Japanese that they all know would be a HUGE asset to them. It was an experimental training, however everyone seemed to be having a good time and become closer as a district. Also, I had them convinced that we were going for a group run. I REALLY want to PT my district, but they might hate me for it. I'm still debating whether or not to do it.

Saturday, I met my first Midshipman here in Japan. Her name is 1/C Jones from 27th company and she's doing some sort of leadership conference here in Japan. I was wondering how long it would take me to find one. It only took 5 months! After talking to her and her Japanese friends we went to the Shonan-Dai 湘南台 church and practiced to sing in a concert that was to be held later in the afternoon. The concert was super weird with a lot of funky, old Japanese women rapping in Japanese and what not. Afterwards, we went to a members house and had a practice lesson. We taught the plan of salvation. They made us some sack-dinners. They were delicious.

Sunday president Wada came and taught the Ward about missionary work and what's going to happen in the area. Afterwards we went out and proselyted as normal.

Today, I took my District out to lunch at a ramen shop and then we had a fun day at 江ノ島 island. We got some ice cream and even went in this huge tower that you could see all of the coastline from. There were a couple of destroyers out in the water. I bought a Daruma. And wanted to buy a flat octopus chip pancake like thing that everyone was eating but the lines were too long. Afterwards, we helped with a candle lighting ceremony for the victims of the Tsunami and earthquake several years ago at one of the Buddhist shrines. It was a packed P-Day. But everyone had fun. I nearly froze to death. This country is freezing.

Anyways, Japan is the Best! I love being a missionary here!

Love,
Elder Farr
Ps. Next month we get Facebook. Oorah.

Pics:
Sets of 1000 paper cranes by our house, it's close to this shrine that's in a mountain, Enoshima island district picture, district Selfie in the Sakura, view from top of the island, candles with messages of hope and inspiration, midshipman








No comments:

Post a Comment