Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

I can't believe that it's been six weeks since Elder Young and I got called to work together here as Zone Leaders in a Tokorozawa. It's been a really busy time here as Zone as Leaders but it's been fun none the less.

We have spent a good portion of our week this week teaching one of our friend Christian about the gospel. We have been doing a lot of work with him in helping him learn about both the importance of the Bible and also the Book of Mormon.

Today we got transfer calls. I'm going to be leaving the Tokorozawa area. I'm going to be a zone leader in the Yokohama zone and be working in the Yokosuka area! My new companion is actually one from the past. Elder Ford! I worked with him during my last transfer in Fussa back when I was only on my third transfer. I'm really excited to see just how much he has changed in six months. Hopefully it's just as fun as when I was with him last!

I'm really sad to be leaving all my friends here in Tokorozawa especially my companion Elder Young. It's going to,be weird moving to my fourth area in only eight transfers. Also, moving to another military base Ward will sure be an interesting experience. I haven't gone to church in English for such a long time! I'm sure there will be lots of miracles to be seen as I begin working in the Yokosuka area! I'm just not very excited to pack... I'm going to be doing a whole lot of packing today to get ready for the move on Thursday. I'm traveling from the most northern region of the mission to the most southern area. I'm guessing total travel time will exceed two and a half hours of just being on the train. It should be a blast. I'll definitely write about that next week!

 One really cool miracle that happened this week is that we met this guy named Friday on the street after one of our morning runs. We talked to him a little bit and found out that he had just recently lost contact with some missionaries that he had met in the northern Tokyo mission. We talked a little bit about the church and asked if he wanted to come to church or meet sometime and he said yes! We parted ways and then realized that the other missionaries in our area had received a referral for a guy named Friday from Chiba, Japan that they hadn't been able to get in contact all week. We had met him at a stoplight! It just goes to show that God always has a backup plan!

Anyways, it's always a pleasure hearing from you! I hope that everyone has a great week!

Very Respectfully,
Elder J. Alan Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment